Friday 1 May 2015

visa run to New Zealand

March 23th til March 30th 2015

last year I got a visa grant. one-year tourist visa , multiple entry. not too bad. until April 28th I was allowed to leave Australia as many time as I wanted and after each re-entry I got another year.
Due to Easter holiday I decided to fly in March to New Zealand and reenter Australia after one week.

And it was a great possibility to see Annika and Roberto from http://www.tastingtravels.com/ again. First I met them in 2012 in Bishkek/Kyrgyzstan, then 2nd time in Kashgar/Westchina. They had been working for one year in Christchurch and now they are cycling around New Zealand and leaving to Hawaii and Kanada and ......  . Awesome reunion !!!!



And I met Elizabeth,  a fellow cyclist and her partner Paul. I know Liz only from Facebook, and she lives now in Queenstown.. So great, to meet them !!!!



In Brisbane I booked a flight from the Gold Coast Airport to Queenstown, much cheaper than from Brisbane.

When I arrived at the immigration at the airport, the officer told me, that the scanner can´t read my passport..  OK, no problem, he went to the office, came back... no worries.

Three hour flight to Queenstown. At the immigration the officer told me the same: we have to check your passport..  yes, it became quite funny and well, I suppose they are a little bit paranoid. I have so many visa in my passport, 20 countries, sometimes up to three visa from the same country (Kazachstan, Kyrgyszstan, China, Thailand, Cambodia) , single man , dark hair, with beard. 

Officer: well, your passport is used widely, what is your profession ?... 
Me: I am a global player in bankrobbery...
Officer: Oh, you are a high potential. you can stay longer .

OK, little joke ! never make such jokes at the immigration ! 
I only replied, that I am a writer travelling around the world.. not mentioned , that I do it by pushbike. and I entered NZL easily.

When I came back to Australia, same procedure:
Officer: How long have you been travelling in Australia ?
Me: eight months
Officer: how long do you want to stay in Australia ?
Me: up to 10-12 months
Officer: this is not possible, you can only stay for three months.

I showed him the letter/visa grant from the Departement of Immigration.. 
Officer: I have to check it.   after 10 minutes, to his collegue: yes, unbelievable , he has a one-year multiple entry.....   I was well-prepared, had all documents as a hard-copy, because I expected that they will check my visa intensely.easy entry again...:-)

Well, and now some pics with comments. enjoy it !

guided tour with Liz !  I rent a 29inch MTB in Queenstown..

the biggest population in NZL.  more sheep than human beings ;-)

at Lake Hayes . https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+hayes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8



a US-American fellow cyclist in Arrowtown




honestly much better than in China today ;-)








I am quite too tall for those tiny houses ;-)




Queenstown


Wanaka





always wanted to do ;-)

Lake Wanaka



Greg, the pilot and instructor. thank you very much !

on the way to Twizel and Mt. Cook








the yellow spots are boats with tourist.


Mt. Cook

bye bye Annika and Roberto was so great to see you again ! have a safe ride !!!


when I drove back from Twizel, I decided to travel to Wanaka again...  the weather was great and I joined another flight...  it is so much cheaper than in Germany..  take the chance ;-)

Ash, the instructor gave me a 30 min lesson in theory (physics and technique), then we checked the aircraft.

Wings are OK ?

oil, engine....  birdsnest inside?

there is one essential screw. check it always !!!

I was allowed to start, did some exercises in the air and landed ....  so amazing :-)

Florian a hiker from Germany. he had a very lucky day. Close to Twizel I met him , gave him a lift to Wanaka, and then he got a free flight :-)

Ash, it was awesome !!!



no , I did not Bungee-Jumping.






Queenstown city centre


bye bye Queenstown ! will be back soon !

and if you know someone from the staff, you don´t have to qeue up and get a good seat ;-)

1 comment:

  1. It’s really a great topic selected by you to discuss over here. Sometime it’s difficult to get approval on visa. Lot of people discuss such things online and try to find out solution for the same so sharing such things which relate to visa, can really help people.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Working Visa Australia

    ReplyDelete