Wednesday 25 February 2015

Sydney

01.02. - 11.02.2015

after 2007, (http://www.global-cycling.de/australien-2007) my 2nd time in Sydney  and I had a great time. I did not much of sight seeing. I met a good "old" friend, Joerg from Germany.
We have not seen each other for over 20 years !  great reunion after such a long time !

I joined twice a "Meet-Up" meeting:  the group "English as a 2nd language" and "German language group". awesome to meet so many interesting people !

A big, but unplanned highlight was a live-interview on ABC News with Ros Childs.


One of my hosts, Sarah (photo below) who worked at ABC, gave me a short guided tour at the ABC, and told some collegues about my trip. In the evening I got an invitation from Ros Childs for the next day. these are the coincidences in your life :-) .









and the following day I got an invitation from Wolfgang Mueller (not related) from SBS German Radio.

Wolfgang Mueller from SBS German Radio



John, my first host (AirBnB) in Sydney. big fun with him !   http://www.johnsamaha.com/
Sarah and Angie, my other great hosts in Sydney .




Sydney Darling Harbour. Do not swim there, Bullsharks !



Darling Harbour Bridge


"Löwenbräu" at The Rocks !


TV-Scene

Aboriginal with didgeridoo. awesome sound !

on the way over the Anzac Brigde



Chinatown ,


Chinese foodcourt, so yummy :-)




clock in the Queen Victoria Building

another clock in the Queen Victoria Building


with Thomas from Germany. tasty food at "Löwenbräu" :-)




left side: the Maze Backpackers. my first accommodation in 2007 in Australia. at this time it was so dirty....and it seems to be still dirty .....  look at => tripadvisor







No comments:

Post a Comment