Wednesday 21 January 2015

Melbourne twice

Dec 11th - Dec 12th 2014
Dec 27th - Jan 06  2015

after 2007 and 2010 I visited Melbourne again. I like this city very much. full of life and nice people.
I joined a cycling trip with Melbourne Cycling, a "Meet-Up" community.
awesome route and big fun !
Some friends from Germany are living in Wheelers Hill , and it was great to see them again.

Another big highlight was an interview from SBS German Radio, with Oliver Heuthe.
The Interview is in German language.
(http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/german/highlight/page/id/379811/t/Cycling-for-the-soul/)

I met some other cyclists from Bavaria. Alex and Steph are cycling around Australia on a tandem bicycle. Was a big pleasure to meet them :-) .
If you want to follow their blog: http://tandem-down-under.de/

New Years Eve was quite relaxed. I do not like big crowds so I took the public transport to Footscray Garden and watched the fireworks.

On Jan. 6th I hit the road again, heading South to Philip Island. 

Kite-Surfing (but not me)

Tasmania later, I am more focussed on the East coast.


Melbourne Cycling!

vending machine for bicycle gadgets



foldable bike for commuters

after-cycle meeting at Federation Square :-)








Flinders Station and Federation Square

Interview with Oliver Heuthe from SBS Radio German


Alex and Steph from "Tandem Down Under"

crowds at Footscray Garden, waiting for the fireworks





Happy New Year and all the best for 2015 !


No comments:

Post a Comment