Saturday 27 December 2014

Adelaide (with Barossa Valley) and 100. birthday of my grandaunt !

I arrived in Adelaide on Nov. 11th. time to have a rest and I achied my most important goal in Australia, visiting my grand aunt, Maggie, who is 99 years young :-)
Well, she is such a lovely old lady with a big sense of humor and it was a big pleasure to see her again after 2010.



I had a rental car and did some sightseeing, brought my bike to the service Bio-Mechanics Cycles and Repair and had a good time. On one day I visited the beautiful Barossa Valley, a hugh wine region. here a short video from a lookout , with sculpture garden. and do not forget to listen to the "lovely" wind ;-)




On Nov. 20th I started to cycle to Melbourne, along the Great Ocean Road. you will find this part on an extra post.

Coming back to Adelaide on Dec 16th, it was only a few days to the great event, the party of my grand aunts 100. birthday. Three years ago, when I did the planning for my long trip, this special day was on my schedule for sure.
50 people joined her big day and it was terrific ! I met more of my relatives and other Germans from Mannheim (where I had been living for 20 years), who immigrated to Australia.  So big un !
In the evening we had dinner with Maggie, and she was so still active. not any sign of becoming tired. Incredible :-)






birthday card from the Queen

birthday card from the Australian Prime Minister.

some more pics of Adelaide and from the Barossa Valley:


roos have to learn to ride a bicycle, this will reduce roadkills :-)

Pete, Lia & Andrew , from Bio-Mechanics in Adelaide. Thank you for check-up and fixing my new rim 1









Barossa Valley



sculpture garden at the lookout for Barossa Valley


my rental car, I got an upgrade for a VW Jetta :-)

French car (2 CV) , at Winery

Winery










many German names in the Barossa Valley





another fellow cyclists. Mete and Dagmar Alpay from www.alpaysontour.com.
Was great to meet them and have a safe trip !


No comments:

Post a Comment