Sunday 28 September 2014

Nullarbor crossing Part I: Norseman to Caiguna

September 26th

I had a 185km ride from the roadhouse in Balladonia to Caiguna, with the longest straight road in Australia. 90 miles, or 146,6 km. Until 12pm, I already cycled 112km, small personal record. I enjoyed this ride very much. a quite good tailwind, music in my ears and cycling like in a state of meditation. the view straight to the asphalt, the left white line as orientation and kicking the pedals in a constant mode. I remembered the time when I practiced triathlon. no exhausting pressure, like a flow. I felt so free and relaxed !
some other globetrotters recommended to stop as often as possible, to walk around, not becoming crazy, but I enjoyed it so much !

Honestly I would like to cycle this part again with a triathlon bike with a comfortable aero bar and a service car, trying to get this straight as fast as possible :-)

The last 30 km a very bad South-North wind. in the late afternoon I arrived at Caiguna Roadhouse.


airstrip


my mascot from the best radio station on the world: the SWR3-Elk :-)

my other mascot: Guenter, der innere Schweinehund (one´s weaker self) :-)

yes, a long long road !

meeting with cyclists on recumbent bikes !

empty water tank, but no problem , I carried enough water with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment