Monday 22 September 2014

Albany to Norseman



Start:  Sept. 2nd

route: Albany - Stirling Range Retreat - Jerrammungup - Ravensthorpe - Esperance - Norseman

http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=xariwbwmwzbzbdrb



I had a great time in Albany. the The 1849 Backpackers at the London Hotel was a perfect place to chill out and know were friendly people. I took the chance, to organise my stuff and learn more about cutting videos. I like my new GoPro Hero 3+ very much and it would be a pitty to leave the videos on a SD-card ;-).

I repeat myself, when I tell you, that the roads are quite boring. On the one hand, there are many upclimbs and many times only headwind. Next stop was at Stirling Range Retreat, one night with a camp site, the next day heading to Jerramungup. Due to the fact, that currently I not only get saddle sore, I also have spinal pain, when I sleep in my tent, I sleep more often in a hostel, motel or cabin in caravan park. So in Jerramungup and Ravensthorpe.
Well, when I arrived in Ravensthorpe I remembered the gaz station there. in 2010 I filled my campervan there :-).
Weather became very bad , the forecast give information about thunderstorms and windspeed of 42km/h. I decided to stay three more days..
On September 9th, I had my longest trip on the pushbike ever: 195 km to Esperance within 9 hours. yes this was a long day but a very good physical and especially mental training for the coming trip through the Nullarbor Desert.
On Sunday, Sept. 14th, I left Esperance , heading to Norseman.
Two days to Norseman, heavy headwind the first day. After 78 km I had to stop in Grass Patch, a 29-people village, but I was so exhausted.
The next day I cycled 130 km to Norseman. I met Uwe from Delmenhorst/Germany. He is 77 years young, an experienced cyclist and going from Perth-Kalgoorlie-Norseman-Nullarbor-Sydney. we had a great evening together. 
He started two days earlier than me through the Nullarbor desert and I hope he had a safe trip. there were big thunderstorms and heavy rain for two days.
And of course, would be great to see him again :-)


great stay in Albany


on the way to Stirling Range Retreat

"Achtung, Baby", roadtrain !


Camping at Stirling Range Retreat


roadhouse on the way to Jerramungup

Australia, not Netherlands ;-)



slash and burn... 

never cycled so many kilometers on one day in my life !

view from the YHA in Esperance


full-scale replice of Stonehenge in Esperance, with Ean (Mandurah) and Maria from Austria



Bildunterschrift hinzufügen
Uwe from Delmenhorst/Germany. awesome meeting !
Bildunterschrift hinzufügen
Bildunterschrift hinzufügen

Jon and Michael, first I met them at Stirling Range Retreat
YHA in Esperance with the very friendly manager :-)
I will consider it, when next time I overtake a roadtrain, they are too slow for me :-)
"we are always open unless we are closed"












Sy






No comments:

Post a Comment